Saturday, February 26, 2005

and yet more about Borneo...

the trip home turned into a bit of a saga - getting out of Borneo didn't go quite to plan!

spent 8 hours sitting in a hot, crowded airport (although 'airport' is a bit of an overstatement, think Weston Aerodrome with 35c temperatures) with no information and no food, until Malaysian Airlines finally admitted that our flight was cancelled - after all other flights out of Sandakan had left.

So they sent me to a hotel that you read about in guide books (under places-to-avoid) - dirty room, peeling paint, no window, no air conditioning, still no food - so sitting there feeling very sorry for myself, texted home and received Michelle's response (cheers Michelle!) which snapped me out of it - rang the hotel where I had been staying, oh too bad, they only had an executive suite left, could they send a taxi for me? of course Miss Helen, welcome back! So spent an extra morning by the pool and am now back in KL airport, only a day late!

Apparently it's freezing in Dublin, but that's where I'm going now...